I’m really enjoying audible so far. Between the one credit per month that comes with the subscription, and the 2 free Audible originals you get each month, I find myself having no problem keeping myself busy in the commute.. So i thought I would share some of what I’ve been listening to lately:
- Feathers & Fire series: Books 1 -3 - Just finished book 1 this morning.. If you like Supernatural or Constantine, you’ll enjoy this.
- The Institute by Stephen King - It’s Stephen King, need I say more?
- Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark - I’m told it’s a prequel to the new Amazon Prime show.. It was interesting, albeit a bit of an unsatisfying conclusion (presumably to lead you into the show)
- The Home Front: Life in America during WW2 - Podcast documentary on the untold stories of life back home in the US during WW2. Lots of interesting insights, complete with real interviews and recordings make both recently and during WW2.
- Mystic School of Musicraft - a Harry Potter-esque story of a girl who discovers she can do magic and joins a prestigious school after the untimely and mysterious demise of her parents. A bit young-adult, but fun and actually includes the corresponding music in the background.
- The Singularity Trap - SciFi story about a mining group that stumbles upon the secrets of an ancient alien race
- The Man who Knew the Way to the Moon - The real life story of John Houbolt, one of the minds behind the first successful moon landing.
- Every Tool’s a Hammer - Adam Savage’s rules of creativity
- The Dispatcher - a short SciFi story about a world where Murder becomes impossible as people just "re-awaken" in their home when they meet untimely ends, and the loophole.